Please note that the scope of this Policy is limited to information and data collected or received by Panorbit through your use of the Services. Panorbit is not responsible for the actions of individuals with no relationship to Panorbit or third-party companies, the content of their sites, the use of information or data you provide to them, or any products or services they may offer. Any link to those sites does not constitute our sponsorship of, or affiliation with, those individuals or companies.
If you do not want Panorbit to collect, store, use, or share your information in the ways described in this Policy, you should not sign up for any game and play the game as a guest.
- Information and Data We Collect from You and How We Collect It
When you use our Services, you may give us your contact information directly on our app, generally your name and email address.
We may also offer you the option to complete a user profile that is visible to other Panorbit users (“Account”). If you create an Account, you may provide us your name, a username, e-mail address, a password and other information that helps us confirm that it is you accessing your Account. We may do this through in-game dialog boxes, which you may choose to skip. If you sign into the Services with Google or Facebook Connect we will collect information that is visible via your Google or Facebook account such as: (1) your first and last name, (2) Facebook ID, (3) Profile Picture/URL, (4) email id and (5) list of Facebook friends. Your Account may be used to publicly identify you as part of social features of the Services, which may include user-to-user interaction, chat or messaging functionality, public leader boards, head-to-head competition, and other similar features. The Panorbit username and profile picture will be public and will be shown to other users, but will only permit access to information that is considered public or that you have designated as public in your user profile settings.
We may also offer you the ability to import your contacts or manually enter e-mail addresses so that you can locate your contacts on Services and invite your contacts to join you in the Services. We will store those contacts for purposes of helping you and your contacts make connections through our Services.
When you order any good or service through the Services, including any virtual currency or virtual good, our payment processing service provider will collect your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, and complete credit card information that enables them to receive your payment. Our payment processing service provider may also retain this information to enable you to purchase additional items through our Services without having to re-enter it each time. Please note that purchases from third parties may also be subject to additional policies.
Information Collected by Customer Support:
When you ask for assistance from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you provide (generally your name and e-mail address and contact number), information about your gameplay or activity on the Services, and your user-name or ID number. We will also store the correspondence and any information contained within.
Technical and Usage Information:
When you access our Services, we may collect (i) certain technical information about your mobile device or computer system, including IP Address, mobile device ID (IDFA, Google Advertising ID or other identifiers), and the version of your operating system; and (ii) usage statistics about your interactions with the Services. In certain Services we will create and assign to your device an identifier that is similar to an account number. We may collect the name you have associated with your device, device type, contact number, country, and any other information you choose to provide, such as username, character name, or e-mail address. We may also access your contacts to enable you to invite friends to join you in the Services. This information is typically collected through the use of third-party mobile device software development kits. We may occasionally send you push notifications through our Services to send you game updates, high scores and other service-related notifications that may be of importance to you.
- How We Use Your Information
Panorbit’s primary goals in using your information are to create your account, provide Services to you,troubleshoot, improve and optimize our Services, contact you, conduct research and create reports for internal use. We use information collected through our Service for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Service. For example, we may use your information to:
- Create accounts and allow users to use our Services;
- Identify and suggest connections with other Panorbit users;
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Deliver advertising and marketing and promotional information to you;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, contests, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Panorbit and our selected partners;
- Conduct and administer contests promoted by Panorbit;
- Enable you to communicate with other users; and
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your preferences and provide you with better services.
Use of Your Information by Others
Third Party Services.
We may provide your information to third party companies to perform certain services, including but not limited to hosting services, payment processing, analytics, customer service and to assist us in our marketing efforts. Where we share your information with third-party service providers and business partners, we ensure that we have appropriate agreements in place to protect your information as required by applicable data protection laws.
To the extent we display advertising in our Services, we may allow advertising networks of our affiliates and partner networks to collect information about your mobile device to enable them to serve targeted ads to you. Such mobile device data includes the following:
- Device make, model and operating system;
- Device properties related to screen size & orientation, audio volume and battery;
- Operating system;
- Name and properties of mobile application through which a consumer interacts with the Services;
- Country, time zone and locale settings (country and preferred language);
- Network connection type and speed;
- IP Address;
- Internet browser user-agent used to access the Services; and
- Advertising ID (IDFA on iOS devices and GAID on Android devices).
The privacy policies of our partners may include additional terms and disclosures regarding their data collection and use practices. We encourage you to check those privacy policies to learn more about their practices.
You may also limit data collection by third parties by using your mobile device settings. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
- How We May Disclose Your Information to Third Parties
Panorbit does not share your personal information except as approved by you or as described in this Policy. We may share information we collect or derive with third parties for the following purposes:
- With service providers that perform services on our behalf, including the ones referenced above under “Third Party Services”;
- With our affiliates;
- For analytics and research purposes;
- When we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including law enforcement or legal process purposes;
- To satisfy any applicable laws or regulations;
- When we believe in our sole discretion that our Services are being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- To protect our or a third party’s legal rights, investigate fraud, or to defend against a legal claim;
- As part of a business transfer such as a merger, acquisition, or bankruptcy;
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information about you with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties; and
- Security Safeguards.
Panorbit takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on the Services in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage on our systems. Further, while we attempt to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining access to this information. We do not warrant or represent that your information will be protected against, loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Data Retention.
Panorbit retains your personal data for as long as needed to provide you Services, unless we are required by law to delete. We will also retain and use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Changes to This Policy.
We may update this Policy to reflect changes to our data and information privacy practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by means of a notice on the Services prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. Please note that if Panorbit needs to adapt the policy to legal requirements, the new policy will become effective immediately or as required
- Contact us